Dear OLM parishioners and friends,
I hope this find you safe.
Please know that we, OLM, will go live on the following celebrations:
- Palm Sunday, April 5, at 10 am | Download a Copy of the Music for the Palm Sunday Mass
- Holy Thursday, April 9, at 7 pm
- Easter Sunday, April 12, at 10 am
Please disseminate this information to those you have contact with via phone or social media.
Stay home and be safe.
We can help slow the spread of coronavirus by doing this. I’m sure we are all aching to get back to normal and see each other. So, let us cooperate.
For now, we come closer spiritually, praying for one another, for those infected with the virus and for the repose of all souls.
May God’s blessings be upon us all!
Missing you all,
Suspension of Public Celebrations of Holy Week
I hope this find you safe.
I just want give you heads up that in the Archdiocese of Newark, ALL PUBLIC CELEBRATIONS OF HOLY WEEK, INCLUDING PALM SUNDAY AND EASTER SUNDAY, HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED.
Here at OLM, we will do live-stream of Palm Sunday (April 5), Holy Thursday (April 9) and Easter Sunday (April 12). Not Easter Vigil. Just those three.
I will give you more information about all of these in the next few days. In the meantime, please follow this Facebook Page. That is the official OLM Facebook account for streaming.
Meanwhile, please follow Masses on TV or other sources and do spiritual communion and stay safe.
By now, you know that OLM church is completely closed as well as the office, to avoid the spread of virus. (ALL Churches, as a matter of fact.)
Let us keep praying for one another.
Please disseminate this heads up to your group and contacts (emails, phone, social media, etc.). Thank you.
God bless us all.
Update from Roman Catholic Church of the Archdiocese of Newark
NEW DIRECTIVES effective March 25, 2020:
- Wakes and funerals must be postponed until further notice. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. Burials may take place with only the priest.
- All baptisms must be postponed until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All weddings are postponed until further notice.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until further notice. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until further notice.
- Parish offices must be closed until further notice. Employees who provide essential services should be limited and on staggered schedules.
- Pastors should see that the Blessed Sacrament is renewed in tabernacles regularly from celebrations of private Masses.