The intentions of Pope Francis for the month of November:
- Universal: That all who suffer loneliness may experience the closeness of God and the support of others.
- For Evangelization: That young seminarians and religious may have wise and well-formed mentors.
Dear Parishioners of OLM & OLS:
Thank you for making our seminarians so welcome last weekend. They were greatly impressed by the faith lives of our parishes. Hopefully, this experience will lift their hearts when the journey they have begun gets a little arduous.
As I noted in last week’s bulletin, “the holidays” are upon us. You can’t seem to escape the onslaught brought upon us by the advertising in the media in all its forms.
I encourage you to be intentional in your spiritual preparations for the great Feast of the Incarnation – Christmas. By intentionality, I mean making up your mind that you WILL DO something or things that will focus you on the reality of what the season is all about. It needs to be an ACTION PLAN. Below in this bulletin several opportunities: our ADVENT FAITH FESTIVAL, THE JESSE TREE CELELBRATION, LESSONS AND CAROLS. These events can focus your family in a positive way. If this does not meet your spiritual appetite, please participate in something spiritual in the days ahead.
My love and my prayers,
Advent Faith Festival – November 23 (Sunday), 9-11am, Maria Room
Advent is a time to remember God’s love, pay attention to other people’s needs, and share the light of God’s love with them.
On November 23, we invite you to take part in our Whole Parish Advent Faith Festival. There are four activity centers that parishioners of all ages could share hope, peace, joy & love.
HOPE Activity Center
- Make sandwiches for homeless shelter
- Pack personal hygiene items for homeless shelter
Things to bring: travel size soap, shampoo, toothpaste & toothbrush
PEACE Activity Center
- Color A Smile: color drawings and spread a smile
Color A Smile is a nonprofit organization that collects cheerful drawings from volunteers of all ages. Every month, they distribute thousands of colorful drawings to Senior Citizens, Our Troops Overseas, and anyone in need of a smile.
JOY Activity Center
- Decorate cookies for the children of A. Harry Moore School
- Bake & decorate cupcakes for homeless shelter
- Make small favors for meal trays in hospitals or nursing homes
LOVE Activity Center
- Make Christmas cards for the seniors at St. Ann’s Home & Newport Rehabilitation
Things to bring: old Christmas cards
- Make get-well cards for the children at St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Make an ornament to bring home