A Way of the Cross for Holy Week 2020
By Cardinal Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., Archbishop of Newark
Dear OLM parishioners and friends,
- Palm Sunday, April 5, at 10 am | Download a Copy of the Music for the Palm Sunday Mass | Recorded video of the April 5, 2020 Palm Sunday Mass
- Holy Thursday, April 9, at 7 pm
- Easter Sunday, April 12, at 10 am
Please disseminate this information to those you have contact with via phone or social media.
Stay home and be safe.
We can help slow the spread of coronavirus by doing this. I’m sure we are all aching to get back to normal and see each other. So, let us cooperate.
For now, we come closer spiritually, praying for one another, for those infected with the virus and for the repose of all souls.
May God’s blessings be upon us all!
Missing you all,
Update from Roman Catholic Church of the Archdiocese of Newark
NEW DIRECTIVES effective March 25, 2020:
- Wakes and funerals must be postponed until further notice. There are no exceptions to this, regardless of the size of the group. Burials may take place with only the priest.
- All baptisms must be postponed until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All weddings are postponed until further notice.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is suspended until further notice with the exception of an extreme emergency.
- All churches and adoration chapels must be closed and locked until further notice. Private prayer in any parish building must be discontinued until further notice.
- Parish offices must be closed until further notice. Employees who provide essential services should be limited and on staggered schedules.
- Pastors should see that the Blessed Sacrament is renewed in tabernacles regularly from celebrations of private Masses.